TRAINING IN THE FIELD
Do you have a scientific background and wish to learn more about cetaceans?
The field training is for you!
Since Association ELI-S is a non-profit organisation, a financial contribution is requested to participate in our training sessions in Central America in order to cover the costs related to field missions (boat, fuel), to pay the supervising staff and other administrative costs related to the project. Since 2016, we have been able to financially help a dozen Nicaraguan families.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SCIENTIFIC TRAINING
- Scientific degree required
- Recruitment following resumé submission and interview
Fee includes :
- Transportation from the airport to the study site
- Boat based surveys
- Housing, food (3 meals a day prepared by a cook)
- Supervision by a professional team
- Includes a one-week intensive training on marine mammal research techniques
- Minimum one month commitment
Fee does not include :
- Personal expenses (snacks, outings, etc.)